Fri, Aug 12|
THE GREAT TASTE OF THE MIDWEST - TAP TAKEOVER
Lucille is celebrating partnership with Central Waters Brewery to form Central Command for The Great Taste . This special tap takeover (with timed tappings for rare brews!) has been an ongoing tradition for 5 years and is one of our most favorite days at Lucille.
Time & Location
Aug 12, 2022, 10:00 AM CDT
Madison, 101 King St, Madison, WI 53703, USA
About the Event
Here's some information on the beers we will be serving dunrig central command event.
- Honey Blonde 1/2 Blonde Ale 4.50% ABV, 16 IBU Made using real Wisconsin honey, Their Honey Blonde is a traditional cream ale featuring a breezy floral bouquet, subtle sweetness, and crisp, clean finish.
- Rift 1/2 IPA 6.80% ABV, 50 IBU Over five breeds of heron have made their home in the Great Rift Valley region of Kenya. Likewise, Central Waters has taken their lead by crafting an IPA with five different hops blanketed over a foundation of clean malt. Featuring Simcoe, Citra, & Amarillo hops this is their take on the American IPA.
- Oktoberfest 1/2 Marzen 5.20% ABV, 15 IBU With an enticing, bready maltiness characteristic of traditional Marzen-style lagers, Octoberfest is a radiant amber-colored brew that finishes crisp and clean. Enjoy this fall seasonal as summer turns to autumn and the colors of the Northwoods are ablaze.
- HHG 1/2 American Pale Ale 5.40% ABV, 45 IBU Inspired by the music of Wisconsin band Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, this Citra & Mosaic hopped American Pale Ale is best enjoyed with friends old and new while playing or dancing to your favorite tunes.
- Ouisconsin 1/2 Red Ale 5.00% ABV, 4 IBU With its mellow malty flavor and subtle flowery nose, Ouisconsing Red gets its name from the Algonquin word for the Wisconsin River (or "Red Stone River"). Featuring a range of caramel malts for mild biscuit- sweetness and a warm, rich mahogany color.
- Mudpuppy 1/2 Porter 5.60% ABV, 50 IBU A robust, yet surprisingly refreshing porter, Mud Puppy is a favorite of dark beer lovers. Characterized by a thick, rocky head and luscious chocolate-like nose, the malty profile is balanced by liberal hopping for its style
- Satin Solitude 1/4 Imperial Stout 7.70% ABV, 53 IBU A liplickingly creamy stout prized for its drinkability, Satin Solitude is crafted with a mix of specialty malts, from caramel and chocolate to roasted barley, to achieve its deep dark appearance and satin-smooth finish. Best enjoyed by a crackling fire on long winter's night.
- MKE Fruit Coolly-Tangerine Lemon 1/4 HardSelzer 6.7% ABV 0 IBU The Coollys' are inspired by cocktails & other fun drinks! Citrus Coolly is loaded up with tangerine & lemon juices to create a fun & spritzy breakfast party in a glass. Citrusy & sweet yet bubbly & crisp, packed with juicy tangerine character, and a lemony wine-like finish. The perfect sunshine sipper.
- MKE Far Out Messenger-DIPA 1/4 Double IPA 8.3% ABV Far Out Messenger is a concoction built out of the journey & not the arrival. Layered with a soft & flavorful amount of wheats & oats, we explored the contrasting hop profile combination of riwaka & azaaca, powerfully fueled aromatics of psychedelic passionfruit are rounded out with sweet grapefruit character, a fluffy mouthfeel, & notes of creamy mango juice.
- MKE Supermoon Colab- Whole Cone Rye IPA 1/4
- MKE Ode Vienna 1/4 I'm guessing this is a Lager/Pilsner
- MKE Clouds & Cream-Pineapple Pink Guava Coconut Cream 1/4 Milkshake IPA
- Sports Knotting Mango Session Sour 1/4 Sour
- Double Barrel Stout 1/4 12pm Tapping Double Barrel Stout 15.4% ABV 30 IBU There is a first time for everything, and this is one of ours. Fat Elvis, our mammoth Imperial Stout has been aged out for 16 months in fresh bourbon barrels, then transferred to more fresh bourbon barrels where it continued to age for another 10 months. A smooth, deep layering of flavors is the result of this first time experiment. We hope you enjoy it. Cheers!
- Maple Barrel Stout 1/4 1pm Tapping Wood and barrel aged stout 10.20% ABV A collaboration long in the making. We give our freshly dumped bourbon barrels to B&E's Trees, where they go into a long slumber housing their magnificent Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup. We then take that magical barrel back and age an Imperial Stout in it, providing the earthy nuttiness of the Wisconsin Maple Trees to an already outstanding barrel aged stout. Enjoy this expression of collaboration and pure Wisconsin character.
- Maple Butter Pecan 1/4 2pm Tapping Imperial Barrel aged stout 10.5% ABV Our Maple Barrel Stout meets smooth, luscious butter pecan goodness. This one's a treat!
- 24 1/4 3pm Tapping Imperial barrel aged stout 14.3% ABV Our 24th anniversary beer is an opulent blend of bourbon barrel aged stouts.
- Toppling Waters 1/4 4pm Tapping Double Barrel Aged Stout 17% ABV 30 IBU An Imperial Stout aged in maple and bourbon barrels, then double barreled into fresh bourbon barrels during its long 2 year slumber. A collaboration with Toppling Goliath many years in the making!
- Black Gold 1/4 5pm Tapping Wood and Barrel Aged Stout 13.80% ABV One of our most limited and highly sought-after beers, bottles of this bourbon barrel-aged Imperial Stout get released at the brewery every October, with every year's batch being a different recipe than the last aged three years in spirit barrels.
- Raspberry Kringle 1/4 (Subject to change)
We will also be carrying Central Waters hard seltzers in cans as well for this event.